Monday, March 16, 2009

Snack Hack

I tend to bring the same crap to eat at work each day, more out of economy than lack of wanting more variety. However, the same old shit does tend to get old after a while so anything to mix up the monotony is a good thing. Recently I stumbled upon a tasty enhancement to my old snack staple of pretzels. I usually buy a big bag of them and pack a sandwich bag full every day. Boring right? Well a few weeks ago I brought some leftover pasta and packed extra garlic powder in my lunch bag for added seasoning. Forgetting that sandwich bags are pretty permeable, the garlic's flavor seeped into everything I brought, including my pretzels. And you know what? They transformed into Kick-Ass Super Fantastic Garlic Pretzels! I was pleasantly surprised and scarfed the whole bag.

So now when I bring my formerly boring-ass pretzels to work, I sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon worth of garlic powder (not garlic salt!) into the plastic baggy and by mid morning they have once again transformed into Kick-Ass Super Fantastic Garlic Pretzels. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to spice up their standard snacks on the cheap!

5 comments:

Greg said...

Here's the snack that made me think of you: http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/03/16/play-psp-eat-psp-candies/

Greg said...

Aack. Not a nicely formatted URL. Try this.

Ian said...

Mmm, garlic. I love it.

Frank said...

LOL nice Greg! Perhaps they taste as sour as the lack of new PSP games does! :)

Jared said...

I have nothing to say, stunned speechless.