Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Foppa Returns!

Some folks may not know this, but I'm a huge sports fan. My favorite professional sports are football and hockey, in that order, but I'll watch the NBA and even some pro baseball if I feel like taking a nap. However, yesterday some news made me giddy about sports again. My home team, the Colorado Avalanche have resigned Peter Forsberg and Adam Foote. Yippee!

Now, anyone that followed the Avs during their glory years from the late 90's/early 00's will realize how huge these signings are. Forsberg was arguably the best player in the world during those years and Foote was the soul of the Avs defense. Of course, neither of them are the player they were 5 years ago, but honestly they don't need to be. This is going to be a huge emotional lift for the players and the fans and it couldn't come at a better time. With the Avs two points out of the final playoff spot it's time for them to make a huge push during their last 17 games.

Whether they make the playoffs or not, I'm more excited to watch Colorado hockey than I have been in a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Frank said...

Thank you for the nice comments! And now this blog will have 63% more content!