Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Semi-Heroic

A few thoughts on last night's episode of Heroes:

Mohinder still appears to be aiding the company, but apparently only to destroy the virus. If this is really the only reason he brought Noah back remains to be seen.
Adam may turn out to be a good villain yet. But despite his intentions he still doesn't come across as very menacing. I wonder if Hiro will actually kill him.
Peter is extremely naive, to the point where it's almost unbelievable. And despite being the most powerful hero, he still stands around with that dumb look on his face and lets everyone he comes in contact with lead him around on a leash. Get it together Peter!
Niki, Micah and Monica are a complete waste of time at this stage of the story. They are contributing absolutely nothing to the show and merely serve to irritate me and take valuable screen time away from the other heroes.
Hiro is impulsive, but at least he takes action. His charge at Peter truly shows his character. I can't wait for an epic battle with Adam.
Sylar is still a badass, even without powers. I have a feeling that the more he manipulates and kills those around him, the more his powers are beginning to come back to him. He's also killed off one half of the Whiny Twins, which scores him bonus badass points in my book.
I'm surprised Victoria Pratt ended up being so insignificant. Sure, she knew the location of Shanti 138, but so did Bob, Kaito and probably Angela. It also appears that she didn't have any powers at all, but was merely a top player in the Company before calling it quits.

So we have one more episode left in this current story arc, and most likely the last episode for this season. There still seems to be a lot of loose ends and too much is unexplained. Is Sylar going to blackmail Mohinder into restoring his powers? Will Hiro kill Adam? Will Niki be cured? What deal does Noah make to rejoin his family? Will Ando join the action or be completely left behind? Will Maya turn on Sylar once she discovers her brother is dead? I hope we'll get answers to most of these questions before Heroes signs off.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I definitely see Mohinder as helping the company in order to destroy the virus, but I think it's even more than that - I think he's bought in entirely. "Gone native" as it were. And I'm sure he brought back Noah because he never really wanted to kill him - he just felt forced into it. And how often do you have the chance to unmurder someone?

Hiro battling Adam seems a bit unbalanced to me. Either Hiro stops time and kills Adam easily, or Hiro doesn't stop time, in which case his skill couldn't possibly match up to Adam's. The swordfight they had rang false to me - Adam was obiously trained in the art of the sword at least to the point of competence, whereas Hiro had an afternoon swordfighting with dad. I don't buy it.

Who's to say that Victoria Pratt didn't have a power? It could've been something like Micah's power or Isaac's power. Not particularly useful in a fight.

It's too bad the show is getting cut short next week. Stupid writers' strike. I think Niki will die, but not of the virus. She'll probably be shot by thugs while trying to rescue Monica. And who's to say Noah makes any deal? Peter and Adam might just rescue him. It also seems pretty clear that Maya is going to be a new villain. I just hope Sylar doesn't die.

Frank said...

My comment about Noah's "deal" comes from the preview for next week's episode, where he says "I made a deal to be with my family" or something of that nature. It's impossible to know what it means in that context but it could be he made a deal with the Company.

Greg said...

Guess I missed that in the preview. :)