Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day Twenty One: Little Blessings

Tonight we're on time and under budget! I'm really missing my wife this time around, the house seems so much more quiet and empty without her than it ever has before. It could be that I'm feeling down, as I learned that our good friend Sharon passed away on Sunday. I had prayed that she would find healing and be able to return to her life in Australia with her husband and two little boys, but unfortunately she lost the battle after slipping into a coma over the weekend. My heart goes out to her sister Jenny and to all of her family. Sharon made a big impact in our lives during the short time we knew her. At least I can take comfort knowing she's not in pain any longer.

Well it's getting late again so it's time to turn it over to Lori. Their day awaits!

Once again we had a great night sleep and woke up around 7:00am. Today we were both able to have full showers which made Krissy happy. We then went to workshop, what a great way to start our day. It was lead by Bruce and Vickie, we sang a few songs, said what we are thankful for, Bruce read from the Bible and ended with hugs all around. From there we headed to breakfast which again I enjoyed, we had banana pancakes with strawberries on top, yummy! Krissy has been eating really well here which is so awesome to see. We sat with sweet little Ferrin again and her Daddy, Matt. They are leaving tomorrow to go back to England, which will be great for them to get back home I am sure.

After breakfast we went back to our room where Krissy had her 2nd treatment of the week, today she received genoxal and kemdalin. We had a pretty mellow morning I relaxed, checked e-mail and read while Krissy received her treatment and took a nap. Once her treatment was done it was lunch time so off to the dining area we went.

Todays lunch consisted of spaghetti, which we were told the noodles were made of artichoke and wheat I believe, it was actually very tasty. We also had Oasis approved french fries and of course I thought of Frankie, I know he would have enjoyed them. The Oasis staff had put together a small little birthday party at lunch for Ferrin as her 3rd birthday is on March 28, so they had ballons, made a cake, had presents and a pinata it was so very sweet, unfortunately she was not really into it as I think she was tired. The thought was very sweet though.

We were blessed with a beautiful warm and sunny day so we decided to go to the courtyard to read and enjoy the day. We then returned to our room to watch the Ellen show for some laughs and decided it was to nice so went back to the courtyard. This time we enjoyed the company of little miss Ferrin, she had Krissy and I play boat, airplane and pretend we were eating pizza and strawberry pudding oh and we gave eachother pretend presents too. We have really enjoyed Ferrin these last couple of days and will miss her. We then went to dinner which was tasty and while dinner was going we had a sing along with Bruce and Vickie, it was a lot of fun and everyone really seem to enjoy it. This place just exudes Positivity, Faith, Hope and Love. These are the words that Oasis lives by, Hope, Faith and most if all Love! I have felt this everyday!

Well it's time for a little bit of TV before bed, Krissy is going to get me hooked on American Idol watch, until tomorrow.

No comments: