Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day Twenty Two: He is Always With Us

Holy cow I actually went to bed early last night! That's probably why it's going to snow after having had all this beautiful weather. I had a good talk with Kris and Lori over Skype last night, it was great to see her and know that things are going well. Since my evening was over with pretty quicky, I'm going to hand the reigns over to Lori.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all!! There was obviously no green beer here today, they did have the healthy "green drink" that they put out at every meal, I just couldn't bring myself to try it though. :-)

We started our day just a little later as Krissy had a bit of a restless nights sleep, so we opted to sleep in. Once we got ready for the day we headed down to breakfast where we enjoyed the food and company. We sat with Joann and Dennis who are from Wisconsin, Melana who I believe lives in San Diego and Stan and Sandy who are amigos here at the Oasis, they are also from Wisconsin. Lots of cheese heads here at the Oasis (including me, that's why I can say that hehe!)

Krissy and I have really lucked out being here this week as we have had nothing but beautiful sunshine and warm weather so far. If it wasn't for our kiddos and husbands that we are missing so much, we may decide to stay. Anyway we did enjoy a bit of the morning sun by sitting in the Courtyard where we met Jewels who lives in Oceanside, CA, she is here with her Mom that has been diagnosed with ovarian (insert the c word here). What a neat person Jewels is, she was asking Krissy a lot of questions about Oasis and Krissy's story. Jewels like I, is so impressed and inspired by the love and overwhelming feeling of healing here at Oasis. I really enjoyed talking with her.

We decided to go inside to find out when they were going to start Krissy's treatments as it looked like she had a good day of different treatments today. They called her to go downstairs to receive the O zone treatment, where they take her blood and then through this machine add oxygen it and then give the blood back to her as it goes through a UV light, pretty amazing stuff! She came back to the room where she then received genoxal however, before receiving the kemdalin Krissy was feeling hungry so off to lunch we went. I must say this was probably the most disappointing meal we had so far, they had fish, rice and salad, it was not real flavorful. The juice I tried was not very good either, not really sure what fruit it was, so we both agreed to go to El Yogurt for dinner, which I was excited to try. At lunch though we did meet Jewels mom, Joslin who had a ton of questions for Krissy. What a nice lady, however she seems to be scared and nervous, she is new and not sure about everything lately. I think Krissy helped put her at ease somewhat so that was good to see.

Back to the room we went for Krissy to receive her kemdalin and watch Ellen. Krissy handled all of her treatments really well today and still had energy to go to El Yogurt for dinner. I must say I totally enjoyed dinner, a chicken burrito and beans, of course I had to try their frozen yogurt too. I had the strawberry and it was delicious, it was a really nice treat to get out for a bit and then enjoy a great dinner with Krissy. When we returned we went to the chapel for the healing prayer. Wow this was intense and words just cannot describe how I felt, I truly felt God's presence. He was there with his hands and heart on everyone and especially for Dennis, Krissy, Joslin and one other woman whose name I cannot remember. It was incredibly spiritual and emotional. I have always believed and trusted in God, however unfortunately when you get into your day to day hustle and bustle sometimes you forget he is there. This experience was such an eye opener and one I hope that I never forget.

Well it is now time for more of American Idol and then off to sleep, until tomorrow.

No comments: