Friday, February 12, 2010

Day Eighteen: Watched Pot Never Boils

TGIF! Today was a big day of treatments for Krissy.... Ozone, UV light, Perftec, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Kemdalin. With several hours of her time being tied up, I decided to play on the computer, go outside and sit in the courtyard, watch some daytime tv and read The Lovely Bones. I finished Dear John last night, my hope is that the movie is relatively close to the quality of the book, because I really enjoyed it. With Saturday fast approaching, it seems as though the day went by really slow. They say that when you're anxious for time to fly by, it actually slows down, and that was very true for our Friday. Its exciting to think that we'll be heading home tomorrow, but I wish there was a way that we could keep in touch with EVERYONE here because we genuinely care about their progress. You create such a support system here, that it's hard to say goodbye. My hope is that Krissy will cross paths with most of who are here now when she comes back in 4 weeks.

Laura and Ron came to say their goodbye's to us this afternoon, but I missed them. They had plans for the evening and tomorrow they're going to spend the day in San Diego. Another family we saw leave today was Helen and her mother and son. They're from London and although we never formally we met them, we always smiled and said hello in passing. Helen was the patient here, battling breast cancer. Her son looked to be about 10 and you could see how ready he was to go home. The other night for dinner, he had a plate full of banana muffins and some juice. Imagine kids who don't always like eating their vegetables and now only having vegetables to eat. I can only imagine what he'll eat when he gets home! I heard another Aussie has arrived. He was talking with the father and son from Melbourne (who are originally from Argentina) at lunch and there was no mistaking that accent.

Restful evening it was, watching the Olympic opening ceremonies. Krissy's treatments didn't finish until after 7, and the Vitamin C always make her feel yucky. It was the first night I ate by myself but I brought my tray back to my room and watched The Proposal on the laptop while she rested. Tonight before bed I'm going to pray real hard for everyone here and everyone who will be arriving this weekend. Whether its future goals or dreams, whatever it is you want, if you pray and believe in it with all your heart and soul, anything can happen!! God Bless!

No comments: