Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day Fifteen: Totopos?

Thank goodness, everyone in the Lanza household woke up feeling well and well-rested. Finally having my appetite was great, one of those things you don't miss until it's gone. Camry was re-fitted for glasses this afternoon after trashing her first pair at daycare two weeks ago, so we begin the adjustment phase all over again. I might have to take a long break from contacts so I can show her that daddy and sissy and mommy all wear their glasses, so Cam can too. It's rough when the one year old has the indomitable will of kung fu sensei.

As live goes on here at home Kris and Cesa continue their adventure at Oasis. After a few days without my wife, I'm not sure which is more difficult, being in Mexico with her or being home alone and wondering how she is doing all the time. I find myself feeling a lot more anxious this time around although I don't really have any reason to be. I'll be glad to have her back this weekend.

Well, without further delay I'm going to turn it over to Cesa and catch some extra sleep tonight. Take it away sis!

Where to begin....typical weekday morning, except Krissy had her CT scan so she got to drink yummy contrast with apple juice. They were a little late taking her down so we got to breakfast late and had a quiet meal all by ourselves. When we returned they started her genoxil, then on to kemdalin. While hooked up to her IV, Marcia and Dottie knocked on the door and asked if they could visit with us. These two women are incredible. They come once a year, Marcia for 2 weeks, Dottie for a month and work with the amigos. They have no cancer experiences of their own, but devote themselves to helping others with their spirituality and deep love for every human being. They visited for a while and then we prayed. I have heard many great things about Bruce and Vicky, and I'm sorry to have missed them, but I'm blessed to have crossed paths with these two lovely ladies.

Pretty uneventful Tuesday. At lunch there was some fresh guacamole so I saved a plate and brought some up to our room to eat with my "totopos". Something about eating fresh guac on lettuce just doesn't appeal to me as much as good old fashioned tortilla chips!
Weather was pretty crappy today, windy, cloudy, and cold, so we stayed in all day. This afternoon Kris was pretty tired so she napped and I switched between reading, crocheting and watching daytime tv. Those that know me well, know that I can't sit still for long, so this down time is kind of kicking my butt. If I could run circles around this place I would, but they would probably think I'm crazy and Lord knows its not safe to run around outside. I'm adjusting, but the two cups of coffee each day doesn't help!

After Ellen we went to Starbucks....figured we better go get our coffee before this nasty storm comes blowing in. Apparently the next day or so is supposed to be very rainy and cold so we might be done with our beautiful weather for the next few days. As we were walking to Starbucks, I saw the Peter Piper Pizza sign again and I had forgotten to mention that the other day.....what a blast from the past! I know there are several people reading this that will have flashbacks after hearing that name. I thought that was only a Colorado Springs thing and I also thought that left with our old school 90's permed hair....apparently everything makes a comeback, let's just hope the perms don't!

Tonight it was prayer and reflection with the amigos, Biggest Loser (my other source of inspiration) and relaxation. Biggest Loser was filmed in Colorado Springs for tonights episode, made me proud of our hometown but made me miss Colorado even more. Reflection group was very fulfilling. We met Jorge who is here with his wife Conchita. She, ironically, is battling gastric cancer as well. We didn't get the chance to hear much of her story, but she was offered no hope in San Diego, a story all too common in this place. He drives back and forth from San Diego and he looks tired, but as he stated, "I am so blessed that my wife and I were told of this place, I know we made the right decision." He went on to say that he has always been a man of faith, but this experience has renewed his faith. Amen to him and Conchita for being here!

As the night winds down, my reflection for the day is, we always knew the Oasis was a gift from God and I am priviledged to be amongst these angels here. While this place can be hard to be in at times, it also renews my strength and faith like Jorge. We are all too aware that things happen in life that we have no control of, but its the people we meet along the way who enrich our souls to make the journey more beautiful!

"God is love, Rev Run" (LOL to those who understand this quote)

No comments: