Friday, February 19, 2010

Day Nineteen: Home Again Home Again La De Da

Our final day at Oasis began very early. The alarm went off at 6:30 and Krissy was up and at it for treatments to begin promptly at 7:30. First off Ozone with UV light, then on to breakfast, before the last rounds of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Kemdalin. It was the best day of weather we had in all week, probably reached 70ยบ by 10:00. Krissy actually did really good with the Vitamin C, she was only queasy for the first hour, and then she was fine. We went outside and basked in the sunshine, til we got too hot and me little suburned, so we came in, grabbed our stuff, said our goodbyes to Casey, Karen & Jim, Beth & Earl, Dottie & Carol, and headed for sunny San Diego.

It took almost an hour to cross the border. The cars were lined up for hours but we got to go through the fast lane, that however did not mean we got to cross any sooner than the 500 cars lined up to get through. It was interesting to say the least. At one point I was almost having a full blown anxiety attack because all I could see was cars all around me, people selling their merchandise at the car windows, and border patrol picking random cars to inspect. I almost felt claustrophobic, so I just tried to keep my head down til we got to the booth. After about 45-50 minutes of waiting, we finally got across, thank goodness. We met up with my cousins Voni and Analeisse and had just enough time to shop and hang out before our flight. It was the first normalcy I had felt in an entire week.

Our flight was delayed a 1/2 hour, which felt like an eternity, but was fine because it was only a 1/2 more before we were home sweet home. Frankie was waiting for us and Camryn and Cori were ecstatic to see their mommy. Once we got to my house, I was greeted with the warmth of my hubby and an Oasis approved beer I had been waiting for. Something about the Oasis' approval of coffee, beer, and wine, just makes it easier to accept the changes to our diet. How bad is that....or good?

Overall I have to say this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am honored my sister asked me to go with her. Sometimes we need to take the blinders off to really see what life is really all about. We are all guilty of getting caught up in the material side of things that we forget the true value of life and relationships we have with others. Last week was another life lesson for me. Even though my stay there was short, it was long enough for me to really evaluate things within my life. My advice, say "I love you" as often as you can to the people you love! So on that note, I love you all....God Bless!

No comments: